It the one year anniversary of Writer Marketing Services – yay! As part of the celebration, I’ve written up a case study of one of my clients who’s been with me from the start. I give you… the super K D Grace.
I have been working as K D Grace’s publicist for a year now, and am pleased to say that we still have a good thing going! I work for K D on an ongoing basis – that is, I do what needs to be done at any given time. That means that round the times when K D has a new release, I’m very busy sending her books out for review, securing interviews, guest blog spots, updating her website and social networks and much more. In between those times, though, we still work together on various projects, including K D’s newsletter, publicising reviews she’s received, co-ordinating advertising and keeping K D and her books in the public eye.
Here are a few of the things that I’ve worked on for K D in the past year:
- Her website: http://kdgrace.co.uk (which I continue to maintain and update)
- Her Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/KDGraceAuthor (including tutorials and updates)
- Her Twitter account: http://www.twitter.com/kd_grace (including tutorials, background customisation and updates)
- The creation of, and updates on, her Amazon Author Central accounts in the UK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/K.-D.-Grace/e/B004M3DMB0/ref=sr_tc_ep?qid=1327949559) and US (http://www.amazon.com/K.-D.-Grace/e/B004M3DMB0/ref=sr_tc_ep?qid=1327949579).
- The creation of, and updates on, her GoodReads account (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/2791969.K_D_Grace).
- Three books to date (with more coming – she keeps me busy!): The Initiation of Ms Holly, The Pet Shop and Lakeland Heatwave Book 1: Body Temperature and Rising. This includes sending the titles out for review, organising advertising, getting K D blog posts and interviews at relevant sites, posting review quotes on her website and much more.
- Getting K D and her work involved in special online events to help promote her and her books.
- The launch of her newsletter (http://eepurl.com/hrXKI).
K D Grace says: Lucy Felthouse is one of the best things that has happened to my writing career. With her on board, I know the marketing and PR for my novels and my brand are in good hands. For me, that means a lot less stress and a lot more success. And best of all, it means I get to concentrate on the part I love best, writing the story.